Apply to be a UK Hypnosis Convention 2020 Speaker
If you are interested in speaking at the next UK Hypnosis Convention please read through the following information and complete the form at the bottom of this page. This form can be used to apply to present at the convention and/or host a pre/post convention workshop.
Please submit your applications by the 31st January 2020. If you have any questions or need encouragement please contact us at info@UKHypnosisConvention.co.uk.
We seek to embrace the diversity and richness of the hypnosis field and we welcome established leaders as well as newcomers to the field. Please take your time filling out the following application form so that our committee can get an accurate sense of the presentation you are proposing.
About the Convention
The convention is a UK based three day event for hypnotherapists to present to their peers. There are three separate presentation theatres or rooms and presentations run in parallel; so at any point in the schedule the delegates have three presentations to chose from. Presentations can be either one or two hours long (less some time for changeovers).
For presenters not yet ready to offer a full hour or two of content we have an evening of ‘Lightning Talks’. This is a collection of a half a dozen or so speakers presenting on a topic of their choice for just 20 minutes each. This takes place in a more informal setting and atmosphere where the audience can settle down with a drink and enjoy some light education.
On the Saturday evening, in addition to the presentations, there is a formal Gala Dinner with speeches from your hosts and a specially invited keynote speaker.
There are also pre and post-convention full day workshops which run and are purchased separately to the main convention.
The convention is organised, promoted and run by the Professional Hypnotherapy Network.
Benefits of Speaking at the UK Hypnosis Convention (UKHC)
The UK Hypnosis Convention attracts a wide range of speakers including some who we regard as the top names in the world wide hypnotherapy profession. What motivates them to present their best ideas to their peers?
- Exposure to a wide multinational audience of Hypnosis Professionals and students.
- Publicity in pre-Convention promotional materials and related publications.
- Visibility through official post-Convention educational video footage.
- Enhancement of your skills and expertise in specific areas.
- A chance to contribute to the hypnotherapy field by sharing knowledge, skills and experience.
- Acknowledgement from your professional peers.
- Service to your profession.
- Complimentary 3-day convention access (excluding travel and accommodation) and Gala Dinner ticket (additional tickets for partners or other guest/s can be purchased separately)
- If you are a published author you can offer your books for sale on our Welcome Desk Bookstall. Please ask for details and terms.
Note that we do not pay travel or other expenses or offer accommodation to our speakers.
We welcome any presentations that are of interest to practicing hypnotherapists. At the 2019 convention, presentation topics ranged from practical skills such as inductions and specific therapeutic approaches. It included presentations on academic theories and looked at other aspects of running a hypnotherapy practice such as marketing. The presenters ranged from relatively novice but practicing hypnotherapists through to some of the best-known academics and leading speakers in our field.
Whether your approach is Erickson or Elman, Cognitive or Subconscious, Evidence Based or Anecdotal, Academic or Therapeutic, Therapy Room or Stage – your presentation is of interest.
You may apply and offer to present multiple topics, offer both 1 and 2 hour presentations and full day pre-post workshops in any combination. Generally we only select one presentation per speaker but even on this we have made exceptions.
Facilities and Support
Each presentation room is equipped with an AV system consisting of the following:
- Wearable presenter’s wireless microphone
- Hand held wireless microphone for presenter use, backup in case the wearable mic fails or for audience members to participate.
- Sound System
- Presentation laptop running Powerpoint pre-loaded wih your presentation, connected to a projector and sound system
- Presenter’s Aid (for remote control of your presentation)
Each room is run by two members of the event team, one of whom is dedicated to helping you get set up, familiar with our presentation equipment and will genenerally assist and support you as needed.
The other team member is there to look after your audience, assist the less abled, take attendance counts and hand out feedback forms at the end of each presentation.
Note that we equip each room with a presentation laptop which will be preloaded with your provided presentation materials and readied for you as needed. You will not be able to use your own equipment (laptop, Macbook, iPad etc) to present as this has caused significant technical issues and delays in previous years.
Evaluating your application
Proposals will be evaluated by the 9 person UKHC Speaker Committee. The committee’s evaluation process is based upon some or all of the following:
- Quality of the content, timeliness, new discovered and/or researched information for the profession, usefulness of your topic, adherence to the ongoing ethos of the UKHC to develop the field and contribution to the positive manner and respect of other professionals within the hypnosis field.
- Presenter’s background and professional/speaking experience.
- Information from feedback forms submitted by attendees at previous UKHC events (if any).
- Quality of the proposal submitted, including thoroughness and accuracy of the proposal form.
- Appropriateness for the target audience.
- Quality of the proposal compared to others submitted regarding the same or similar topics.
- Uniqueness of presentation.
- Whether you have presented on this topic previously at the UKHC and if so, that it has been sufficiently developed or updated to represent a fresh presentation.
Notifications of the success or otherwise of the submitted applications will be sent out on or before the 17th of February, 2020.
If your application is successful, you must agree to the following:
- Provide additional information in a timely manner as requested by the Convention Committee and Staff.
- Collaborate with the UKHC in actively promoting the Convention and your part in it on both the UKHC and on your own blog/social media channels. Add links to the UKHC website on your website and promotional communications.
- As part of the marketing of both the convention and your presentation you may be required to do a short online video promotional interview. This will be with one of our friendly team members who will give you the opportunity to outline your talk and encourage people to attend. If you are selected, our interviewer will contact you in the run-up to the convention to make the necessary arrangements.
- Be available to present on any of the three days (Friday 6th, Saturday 7th or Sunday 8th November 2020) of the Convention at any time scheduled, understanding that the published schedule may change due to unforseen circumstances.
- Allow the UKHC to record your presentation and use that footage for any purpose they see fit including promotional and educational use.
- You will provide any presentation materials (slideshows, videos or other media) at least two weeks prior to the UKHC prior to the convention to allow this to be made ready for you on our equipment.
- Guarantee that you are the sole proprietor of your materials and that no proprietary rights or copyrights belonging to any other person exist with the exception of acquired specific permission.
- Guarantee that the presentation you are proposing will not be presented in any other hypnosis venue or self-promoted event during the 6 months preceding the UKHC. We want the UKHC to be filled with fresh and stimulating content and have a sense of exclusivity (perhaps consider proposing a topic which you are passionate about and/or have not presented before).
- While you are of course implicitly promoting yourself and your work by appearing at the convention, we ask and required that any overt marketing of your products or training be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes at the end of your presentation.
Complete and Submit your application here
Each presenter candidate must complete and submit these details for their proposal to be considered. Please provide all the information requested to enable the Convention Committee to evaluate your proposal. We may contact you for additional information not covered by this form.