Apply to be a UK Hypnosis Convention 2024 Speaker
If you are interested in speaking at the next UK Hypnosis Convention please read through the following information and complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Please submit your applications by, or on, the 1st of February 2024.
If you have any questions or need encouragement please contact us at admin@UKHypnosisConvention.co.uk.
We seek to embrace the diversity and richness of the hypnosis field and we welcome established leaders as well as newcomers to the field. Please take your time filling out the following application form so that our committee can get an accurate sense of the presentation you are proposing.
About the Convention
The convention is a UK based three day event for hypnotherapists to present to their peers. There are three separate presentation theatres or rooms and presentations run in parallel, so at any point in the schedule the delegates have three presentations to choose from. Presentations are one hour long (less some 5 minutes time for changeovers if another presentation immediately follows yours).
On the Saturday evening, in addition to the presentations, there is a formal Gala Dinner with speeches from your hosts and a specially invited keynote speaker.
Benefits of Speaking at the UK Hypnosis Convention (UKHC)
The UK Hypnosis Convention attracts a wide range of speakers including some who we regard as the top names in the worldwide hypnotherapy profession. What motivates them to present their best ideas to their peers?
- Exposure to a wide multinational audience of Hypnosis Professionals and students.
- Publicity in pre-Convention promotional materials and related publications.
- Visibility through official post-Convention educational video footage.
- Enhancement of your skills and expertise in specific areas.
- A chance to contribute to the hypnotherapy field by sharing knowledge, skills and experience.
- Acknowledgement from your professional peers.
- Service to your profession.
- Complimentary 3-day convention access and Gala Dinner ticket (additional tickets for partners or other guest/s can be purchased separately)
- If you are a published author you can offer your books for sale on our Welcome Desk Bookstall. Please ask for details and terms.
Note that we do not pay travel or other expenses or offer accommodation to our speakers.
We welcome any presentations that are of interest to practicing hypnotherapists. At our last convention, presentation topics ranged from practical skills such as inductions and specific therapeutic approaches. It included presentations on academic theories and looked at other aspects of running a hypnotherapy practice such as marketing. The presenters ranged from relatively novice but practicing hypnotherapists through to some of the best-known academics and leading speakers in our field.
Whether your approach is Scientific or Experience based, Theoretical or Primarily Practical, Evidence Based or Anecdotal, Academic or Therapeutic, Therapy Room or Stage and regardless of your main influence or background – your presentation is of interest.
You may apply and offer to present multiple topics, indeed this helps us produce a varied schedule for the event. Generally, we only select one presentation per speaker but even on this, we have made exceptions.
If you intend to use a slide-show, please note that your slideshow must be supplied to us before 1st November 2024 in Microsoft PowerPoint or PDF format. You will not be able to use your own equipment or use other slide show applications.
Evaluating your application
Proposals will be evaluated by the UKHC Speaker Committee. The committee’s evaluation process is based upon some or all of the following:
- Quality of the content, timeliness, newly discovered and/or research information for the profession, the usefulness of your topic, adherence to the ongoing ethos of the UKHC to develop the field and contribution to the positive manner and respect of other professionals within the hypnosis field.
- Presenter’s background and professional/speaking experience.
- Information from feedback forms submitted by attendees at previous UKHC events (if any).
- Quality of the proposal submitted, including thoroughness and accuracy of the proposal form.
- Appropriateness for the target audience.
- Quality of the proposal compared to others submitted regarding the same or similar topics.
- The uniqueness of presentation. (i.e. is this same presentation being given or has been given at other events).
- Whether you have presented on this topic previously at the UKHC and if so, whether it has been sufficiently developed or updated to represent a fresh presentation.
Notifications of the success or otherwise of the submitted applications will be sent out on or before the end of March, 2024.
If your application is successful, you must agree to the following:
- Provide additional information in a timely manner as requested by the Convention Committee and Staff.
- Collaborate with the UKHC in actively promoting the Convention and your part in it on both the UKHC and on your own blog/social media channels. Add links to the UKHC website on your website and promotional communications where appropriate and possible.
- As part of the marketing of both the convention and your presentation, you are required to record a short 60-second promotional video and submit to us to edit with UKHC logo. This will give you the opportunity to outline your talk and encourage people to attend. If you are selected, you will receive instructions regarding this.
- Be available to present on any of the three days of the Convention at any time scheduled, understanding that the published schedule may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Allow the UKHC to record your presentation and use that footage for any purpose they see fit including promotional and educational use.
- You will provide any presentation materials (slideshows, videos or other media) at least two weeks prior to the UKHC prior to the convention to allow this to be made ready for you on our equipment.
- Agree to provide the presentation materials as a single Microsoft PowerPoint Slideshow with audio and or video embedded as required. You further acknowledge that you will not be permitted to provide slideshows in any other format or connection your own equipment to our presentation system.
- Guarantee that you are the sole proprietor of your materials and that no proprietary rights or copyrights belonging to any other person exist with the exception of acquired specific permission.
- Guarantee that the presentation you are proposing will not be presented in any other hypnosis venue or self-promoted event during the 6 months preceding the UKHC. We want the UKHC to be filled with fresh and stimulating content and have a sense of exclusivity (perhaps consider proposing a topic which you are passionate about and/or have not presented before).
- While you are of course implicitly promoting yourself and your work by appearing at the convention, we ask and require that any overt marketing of your products or training be limited to a maximum of 5 minutes at the end of your presentation.
- Whilst we encourange good natured and professional challenges, debate and critical thinking, some of the least popular and lowest scoring presentations have been those whereby the presenter denigrated other professionals. Similarly, some obscured the points they were making by personalising them and it cast a shadow over the rest of what that presenter said. Promote your point laudably. Outside the presentations there are a number of spaces where people gather, share, debate, challenge and learn.
Complete and Submit your application here
Each presenter candidate must complete and submit these details for their proposal to be considered. Please provide all the information requested to enable the Convention Committee to evaluate your proposal. We may contact you for additional information not covered by this form.